How To Sell Photos Online And Make Money, when you love photography, you might want to find a way to start making a living from it, but is it possible?
How many times have you heard that you can make a living with your passion, and you wonder if that only happens to the lucky ones that are great at photography.
How To Sell Photos Online And Make Money
Today, if you’re good at photography, and you get cool pictures all the time, you have the first step covered!
With tons of people starting to write a website looking for a way to make a living from home or from anywhere, the demand of getting great pictures is huge.
Not everyone is good at taking pictures, a good camera by itself will not take a prize winning picture and you might know that, some are natural and some need to learn how to work with a camera to get a good picture.
There’s A Huge Demand For Good Pictures
When you decide to give it a try, you might not know how to start selling your photos online. Where’s the best place to start selling photos online? Is there a place where you can get good commissions? Can you make a good revenue selling your photos on these sites?
On this article I will write about some of the first steps you need to work on to start selling your photos online.
Best Way To Sell Photos Online
Selling Your Photos Online Is Also About What Niche You Are The Best In.
Identify a Need In One Niche
As an Affiliate Marketer, I write my own website on my niche, as I write a new article to share on my blog, I used to go to the best known Free Stock Photos Website, but after a while I noticed those free photos are shared on many websites and blogs, so if you want to write a website on your niche that is unique and that will help your audience to solve a particular problem, you need to start looking for better quality unique photos that will help your website to be unique, you need to sign up to a photo stock website and you need to pay to get those photos.
Soon the same problem will come up, after a while you’ll see most of the websites will share the same photos, and this is the big opportunity for you, you always can come up with some unique photos to share on those paid photo stock websites.
There’s a huge demand for good photos on every niche. You as a photographer need to be good at it on your niche.
You won’t have any problem as a photographer to know what field you love to take pictures in, and you can be sure, there will always be a demand for your photos.
Make a portfolio of good photographs in one field and you’ll be doing great, once you learn how to upload them to the Photo Stock Websites, you can grow that portfolio or start taking some photographs in another niche, there’s always different niches that go hand in hand.
- Cooking ===> Healthy Cooking ===> Cooking for two ===> Coffee ===> Vegetarian Cooking and many more
How To Sell Digital Photos Online
After spending some time learning on an online course about how to sell your digital photos online from two ladies that have been working on this niche for a few years and making a full revenue from it, I can share some points that you need to take care about before you start your own selling digital photos online.
1 – Be your best when taking your photos
- You always can start taking digital photos with the equipment you already have, if you only have your cell phone, start with it, once you start making some money from your online business, get a better camera and lens
2 – Learn about Keywords
- As you work to upload your photos on the Stock Photos Website to start your online business, you need to add a description to each photo. If you write something like: “great photo”, people that are currently looking for that photo might never find it and they won’t pay you anything to download that photo.
- If you’re taking photos on the niche of “food” – use the keyword “healthy salad with lettuce and tomatoes” – people in this niche will find you faster and they are willing to pay you for that photo
You don’t know what Keywords are or you have a brief idea about keywords but you would love to learn more, Wealthy Affiliate is the place to learn all you need about keywords and online business.
3 – Work on your photograph portfolio.
- One photo will never do much, but a set of photos for the same keyword, always do better
- When you offer your client a set of photographs on the same idea or keyword, they will have some photographs where they can pick their favorites.
- When you offer a set of photographs to your clients, one photograph will help the others to be the best one for your client.
4 – Pay attention to the trends
- Life is a circle and you already know, today people might be looking for “Mother’s Day Pictures”, in a couple of months people will start looking for Holiday pictures, so here’s an idea on how to work on your portfolio
5 – If you take photos of people, be inclusive
- Today people like to see all type of people on photographs, try to have a selection of photos where people can pick their favorite.
6 – Lean about how to upload your photos on the Photos Stock Websites.
- Quality and size are important, take your time to learn about how to do it, this way you won’t get your photograph rejected.
Where To Sell Your Photos Online?
There are a few Photos Stock Websites where you can start your own account
- Shutterstock.com is a very popular site to sell your photos – they have clients from over 150+ countries and have paid over $350 millions to their contributors
- iStock Photo – 15% to 45% are the commissions paid for photos sold on this site
- Fine Art America – If you have achieved to taking amazing photos, you might want to take a look to this site to start selling your own photos
How To Start Your Own Selling Photos Online Business?
One thing you need to start working on is to share your own portfolio of photos in your own website!
Why? A website is the best way to share what you do today, as you share your photos on your website, people around the globe will be interested to get those photos to share in their websites or any other business that require good photos.
At the same time you share your work as a photographer on your website, you’ll be sharing a link to let your audience know where they can find your photos for sale.
The more traffic your website gets, the more clients you’ll be driving to the Photo Stock Website where they can purchase your photos from.
Once your website is working to drive more and more traffic to purchase your photos, that is the way you’ll be making money from what you love to do: taking photos.
You don’t have an idea how to start a website? Or you already have a website, but it’s not doing very good at all?
You always can learn to create and build up a website to start your own online business with the best mentors in the field.
Take the same 10 FREE lessons online course that I took, and as you keep working on taking photos and building up your website, you’ll see how your Online Photo Business will grow!
Have you made some money online selling your photos already? Leave your answer in a comment, your comment might help many to start selling their photos online.